Hello again, world! My gosh, it has been so long since I was last able to post something up! Ever since the end of September, I have been in the long process of moving into the new house and let me tell you… it is not easy when you’re working a full time job that requires you to be there 24/7! Luckily though, I’m mostly settled into the new house and my room is slowly coming together! First thing I was so excited to build was my makeup vanity! It was a mission to put this space of mine together, but I could not be happier and in love with how it turned out!
I also got a little creative and decorated my makeup brush jar holders! They looked so plain before, so I thought why not add a little glam to have it stand out. Listed below I’ll have all the stores I shopped at to build my vanity, as well as where I got the materials I used for my makeup brush jars!
I’ll do my best to keep the posts going and I’ll try not to go MIA for too, too long! Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to everyone! xx.
- Makeup vanity table – IKEA (“Malm”)
- Mirror and Vanity Lights – IKEA (Mirror – “Kolja” | Lights – “Musik”)
- Mirror Stand – Target
- Makeup Organizers (On the table) – Winners
- Makeup Organizer (In vanity table drawer) – Homesense
- Fur Rug – Homesense
- Vanity Chair – Homesense
DIY: MAKEUP BRUSH JAR HOLDERS
- Glass Jars – Walmart (you can find these almost anywhere, or use whichever ones you prefer!)
- White clear beads – Michaels Arts & Crafts
- Rose Gold Pearl and Beads on Jar – Michaels Arts & Crafts Store
These strips are SO easy to use! You just peel and stick them however you’d like them to be on the jar. They come in other colors as well!
Ah! What a month it has been!!! September flew by way too fast… The last couple of weeks have been so hectic, which explains why I’ve been MIA. 🙁 But I’m back and the first thing I made sure to do on my day off today was to get another makeup look up and going on my blog! After seeing all these instagram posts about the Tamanna palette created by Anastasia Beverly Hills and famous makeup artist Tamanna Roashan (@dressyourface), I fell in love and just had to get my hands on it! I was so excited when it arrived in the mail yesterday and couldn’t wait to start playing with all the colors! What got me excited even more when I opened it was that it actually came with 5 “Get The Look” pictorials that shows you step by step on how to achieve each look!
The one that obviously caught my eye the most was the more natural smokey eye look with a pop of the minty green color from this palette! As most of you know, I normally don’t wear too much pop of colors on a daily basis, but I thought this look would be a nice little start to get me goin’! I love how the smokey plum-like purple contrasts really nicely with the minty green color on the lower lash line. There’s nothing NOT to love about this palette! A little goes a long way when it comes to the shadows, meaning that the colors are very pigmented and you don’t need much on your brush at all to have the colors really show. I love all the colors of this palette and couldn’t be more happier with this purchase… so expect to see quite a few more makeup looks from me with this palette soon!
Listed below are all the details on how I achieved this look!
- Motives Perfecting Face Primer
- Foundation: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in “Nude”
- Motives Mavens Sculpt Series in “Fire”
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
- MAC Cosmetics Extra Dimension Blush in “Seduced at Sea”
- Motives Cosmetics “No More Shine” Makeup Setting Spray
EYES: Tamanna Palette
- Apply the color “Fresh” to the entire lid up to the brow bone
- Apply the color “Bengal” into the crease
- Blend the color “Sangria” into the outer corner of the lid in a V shape and also dab a bit into the inner corner of your eye
- To add more depth for a smokey eye look, blend the color “Custom” into the outer corner where “Sangria” was applied
- Gently blend “Chocolate” into the crease
- Apply the color “Blush” to the center of the lid
- Line the lower lash line with the color “Venezia” (I used a very little amount for a small pop of color – I’d definitely use a lot more for a more dramatic look if I was going out!)
- Gel Eyeliner: Motives Cosmetics in “Little Black Dress”
- Mascara: Maybelline Volum’ Express, The Falsies in “Very Black” (Waterproof)
- Motives Cosmetics Brow Kit
- Lipliner: MAC Cosmetics in “Spice”
- Lipstick: MAC Cosmetics in “Spirit” mixed with NYX Black Label Lipstick in “Natural”
Today’s makeup look was inspired by one of my favourite actresses, Danielle Campbell, who plays the powerful (& badass) witch on the CW’s hit series, “The Originals”. It is definitely one of my favourite shows of all time right now, not only because it’s action packed, but the storyline is exciting, unpredictable and keeps you on the edge – which is my kinda show! 😛 Danielle Campbell’s character, Davina, is definitely my favourite female lead on the show right now. Aside from her character, I love her style and most of all, I love how she tends to keep her makeup looks simple and effortless, yet still on point.
Since all I had planned today was a movie date with the boyfriend, I felt like going for a more basic look than what I’m normally used to doing. I came across Danielle Campbell’s look on her instagram and loved how her makeup still allowed her eyes to pop while still maintaing a overall natural look. I did my best to match her look as closely as I could with the pictures I found online. Keep in mind that my eyes are quite a bit smaller than hers and so it may not look one hundred percent identical to the pictures. Plus, I didn’t add any false lashes today, and unfortunately, my lashes are very thin and aren’t that noticeable in my pictures.
Listed below are all the products used for this look and the steps on how to achieve this look as well! 🙂
- Urban Decay’s NAKED Skin Foundation in shade 4.0
- Sigma Beauty’s Eye Primer in “Persuade”
- Bronzer – MAC Extra Dimension Bronzer in “Aphrodite’s Shell” from Alluring Aquatic Collection
- Blush – MAC Extra Dimension Blush in “Seduced At Sea” from Alluring Aquatic Collection
- Setting Spray – Motives Cosmetics 10 Years Younger Spray
- Motives Cosmetics’ Mavens Palette: Apply the color “Native” to the outer crease
- Motives Cosmetics’ Pro Palette: Mix the colors, “Cappuccino” & “Vino” and apply into inner crease
- Urban Decay’s Naked 3 Palette: Take the color, “Nooner” and blend into the overall crease (Make sure to really blend it all out!)
- Motives Cosmetics’ Pro Palette: Mix the colors, “Hot Chocolate” & “Cappuccino” and apply on lid as the base
- Urban Decay’s Naked 3 Palette: Apply the color, “Strange” as the highlight color
- Motives Cosmetics’ Pro Palette: Apply the color “Vino” as the underline of your eyes (Make sure to blend and smudge it into the outer corner to connect the whole look)
- Rimmel London: Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Pencil Liner in “001 Black”
- Maybelline New York: The Rocket Volume Express Waterproof Mascara in “Very Black”
- Lipliner: Motives Cosmetics in “Neutral”
- Lipstick: Urban Decay in “Liar” mixed with Milani in “Nude Creme” (I dabbed the color “Strange” from my Naked 3 palette on my lips to create a more matte look)
- Hot Tools Curling Iron – 1½”
- Tresemme Hairspray (Freeze Hold)
- Teased out the roots of my hair for more volume
On my way to the Miss Teen Canada makeup prep, I decided to take a quick makeup of the day selfie! I was in such a rush that I didn’t get a chance to take a few shots of my look with my DSLR, so unfortunately, I had to resort to my iPhone. 🙁 But no biggie! Listed below are all the products used for this look!
- Eyes: Motives Cosmetics Mavens Palette – HERE
- Eye Liner: Motives Cosmetics Gel Liner in “Little Black Dress” – HERE
- False Lashes: Sephora
- Foundation: Urban Decay NAKED Skin in Shade 4.0 – HERE
- Bronzer: Motives Cosmetics in “Miami Glow” – HERE
- Blush: Motives Cosmetics in “Lush” – HERE
- Motives Cosmetics Luminous Pressed Powder in Light/Medium – HERE
- Lips: Lipliner – Motives Cosmetics in “Neutral – HERE | Lipstick: MAC Cosmetics in Cremesheen “Modesty” – HERE