Hello again, world! My gosh, it has been so long since I was last able to post something up! Ever since the end of September, I have been in the long process of moving into the new house and let me tell you… it is not easy when you’re working a full time job that requires you to be there 24/7! Luckily though, I’m mostly settled into the new house and my room is slowly coming together! First thing I was so excited to build was my makeup vanity! It was a mission to put this space of mine together, but I could not be happier and in love with how it turned out!
I also got a little creative and decorated my makeup brush jar holders! They looked so plain before, so I thought why not add a little glam to have it stand out. Listed below I’ll have all the stores I shopped at to build my vanity, as well as where I got the materials I used for my makeup brush jars!
I’ll do my best to keep the posts going and I’ll try not to go MIA for too, too long! Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to everyone! xx.
- Makeup vanity table – IKEA (“Malm”)
- Mirror and Vanity Lights – IKEA (Mirror – “Kolja” | Lights – “Musik”)
- Mirror Stand – Target
- Makeup Organizers (On the table) – Winners
- Makeup Organizer (In vanity table drawer) – Homesense
- Fur Rug – Homesense
- Vanity Chair – Homesense
DIY: MAKEUP BRUSH JAR HOLDERS
- Glass Jars – Walmart (you can find these almost anywhere, or use whichever ones you prefer!)
- White clear beads – Michaels Arts & Crafts
- Rose Gold Pearl and Beads on Jar – Michaels Arts & Crafts Store
These strips are SO easy to use! You just peel and stick them however you’d like them to be on the jar. They come in other colors as well!
Ah! What a month it has been!!! September flew by way too fast… The last couple of weeks have been so hectic, which explains why I’ve been MIA. 🙁 But I’m back and the first thing I made sure to do on my day off today was to get another makeup look up and going on my blog! After seeing all these instagram posts about the Tamanna palette created by Anastasia Beverly Hills and famous makeup artist Tamanna Roashan (@dressyourface), I fell in love and just had to get my hands on it! I was so excited when it arrived in the mail yesterday and couldn’t wait to start playing with all the colors! What got me excited even more when I opened it was that it actually came with 5 “Get The Look” pictorials that shows you step by step on how to achieve each look!
The one that obviously caught my eye the most was the more natural smokey eye look with a pop of the minty green color from this palette! As most of you know, I normally don’t wear too much pop of colors on a daily basis, but I thought this look would be a nice little start to get me goin’! I love how the smokey plum-like purple contrasts really nicely with the minty green color on the lower lash line. There’s nothing NOT to love about this palette! A little goes a long way when it comes to the shadows, meaning that the colors are very pigmented and you don’t need much on your brush at all to have the colors really show. I love all the colors of this palette and couldn’t be more happier with this purchase… so expect to see quite a few more makeup looks from me with this palette soon!
Listed below are all the details on how I achieved this look!
- Motives Perfecting Face Primer
- Foundation: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in “Nude”
- Motives Mavens Sculpt Series in “Fire”
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
- MAC Cosmetics Extra Dimension Blush in “Seduced at Sea”
- Motives Cosmetics “No More Shine” Makeup Setting Spray
EYES: Tamanna Palette
- Apply the color “Fresh” to the entire lid up to the brow bone
- Apply the color “Bengal” into the crease
- Blend the color “Sangria” into the outer corner of the lid in a V shape and also dab a bit into the inner corner of your eye
- To add more depth for a smokey eye look, blend the color “Custom” into the outer corner where “Sangria” was applied
- Gently blend “Chocolate” into the crease
- Apply the color “Blush” to the center of the lid
- Line the lower lash line with the color “Venezia” (I used a very little amount for a small pop of color – I’d definitely use a lot more for a more dramatic look if I was going out!)
- Gel Eyeliner: Motives Cosmetics in “Little Black Dress”
- Mascara: Maybelline Volum’ Express, The Falsies in “Very Black” (Waterproof)
- Motives Cosmetics Brow Kit
- Lipliner: MAC Cosmetics in “Spice”
- Lipstick: MAC Cosmetics in “Spirit” mixed with NYX Black Label Lipstick in “Natural”
While the weather is still warm and summer-like, today’s makeup look featured yet another LORAC palette that I came across, that I fell in love with the minute I opened the package. LORAC’s Unzipped Palette features a lot of neutral and warm colors, ranging from soft pinky-nude colors to natural bronzey browns. Overall, it is a must-have palette for anyone who is like me and loves her neutrals for every day. There isn’t anything I don’t love about this palette!
Read on below to see how I achieved this makeup look!
- Motives Cosmetics Perfecting Face Primer
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (Oil Free) in “Nude”
- Motives Mavens “Fire” Sculpt Series
- MAC Cosmetics Studio Finish Concealer in NC30
- MAC Cosmetics Extra Dimension Blush in “Seduced at Sea” (Aquatic Collection)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
- Motives Cosmetics Brow Kit
- Motives Cosmetics 10 Years Younger Setting Spray
EYES: LORAC’s Unzipped Palette
- Apply Eye Base/Primer – LORAC Behind The Scenes Eye Primer
- Apply the color “Unattainable” all over the lid
- Apply and blend the color “Unspoken” in the outer crease
- Apply the color “Untamed” in the inner crease in a sideways V – after, take a blending brush and blend out the color, working it into the outer crease color for the smokey effect
- Apply the color “Undercover” underneath the brow as the highlight color
- Lid Eyeliner: Motives Cosmetics Luxe Precision Eye Liner | Under-eye Eyeliner: Motives Cosmetics Khol Eye Liner in “Onyx”
- Mascara: Maybelline Volum Express The Falsies
LIPS: This lip look was inspired by the popular Kylie Jenner matte and nude-lip look!
- Lipliner: MAC Cosmetics in “Whirl”
- Lipstick: MAC Cosmetics in “Velvet Teddy” on outer lips & Buxom Lip Foundation in “Undressed” on inner lip
Helloooo everyone! The last week and a bit has been quite a hectic week, that I had no time whatsoever to spend on blog posts! 🙁 For the past 5 days, I was in Greensboro, North Carolina for the Market America International Convention of 2014. It was such an amazing and life changing experience! I learned so much, met so many new people and created new friendships on the way. On our last night there, we had an after party for everyone who attended the convention and I thought I’d take a few quick selfies of my makeup and my outfit for the night.
We were pretty strapped for time, so I had to really do my makeup and hair so quick to make sure I’d make it on time to the party! I wasn’t able to bring my DSLR on my trip, so my iPhone was all I had at the time. Apologies in advance for the bad quality of the pictures!
Everything I used for this look is used below!!
- Top & Skirt: Forever 21 – In Store (Black Skirt Sold out online) Other Colors HERE & Similar Top HERE
- Shoes: Zara (Last year’s) – Similar HERE
- Purse: Chanel