Helloooo lovelies! I have been dying to post about some of my new favourite products that came in the mail a few days ago and so far, out of everything I got, the Motives Mavens Sculpt Series is definitely a new all time favourite of mine. The colors go on the face quite smoothly and also gives off a really nice finish when everything is blended in. I got a very large order of Motives Cosmetics products so expect to see a lot of posts on my reviews and take on the Motives Cosmetics line, but so far, nothing has let me down!
For this look, I used the Motives Mavens Sculpt Series to contour. Now, I’m going to be honest… I don’t have that much experience with contouring and this is one of my many attempts at it, and to me, it came out pretty decent. 😛 With a lot of youtube watching, learning and a lot more practice, I’m sure I’ll be able to get better at it in no time! I kept my eye makeup simple, as I wanted to focus mostly on my contouring and first impression on the Motives Mavens Sculpt Series.
Listed below are all the MOTIVES products used to achieve this look! 🙂
- Motives Perfecting Face Primer
- Motives Mavens Sculpt Series in both “Fire” & “Ice”
> For highlight color, used “Frost” from the “Ice” Series (Added a little bit of concealer as well to the highlight color)
> For contour/dark color, used “Blaze” from the “Fire” Series
- Motives Full Coverage Photo Finish Powder in “Neutral Light”
- Motives Bronzer in “Miami Glow”
- Motives Blush in “Lust”
- Motives 10 Years Younger Setting Spray
- Motives Pro Palette
> Outer Crease: “Cappuccino”
> Inner Crease & Under eye: “Hot Chocolate”
> Lid & Highlight: “Creme Fresh”
- Eye Liner: Motives Khol Eyeliner in “Onyx”, with Motives Gel Liner in “Little Black Dress”
- Motives Lustrafy Mascara in “Blackout”
- Motives Essential Brow Kit
- Motives Lipliner in “Dusty Rose” (I applied this on very lightly for a more neutral line, as the color is very pigmented)
- Motives Rich Formula Lipstick in “Half n’ Half”
With the summer heat being practically non-existent this year and it being colder than usual, I had no choice but to turn to turn to a pair a jeans and a long sleeve shirt to get me through the day.But, no biggie… I actually ended up really liking the outfit I put together for a long day of errands. These jeans are definitely an all time favourite from my wardrobe! Not only are they super comfy and hug on nicely, but I am a sucker for ripped jeans and I also love how there are patches of darker denim underneath the rips. I feel like the details of these jeans really sets it apart from any other ordinary pair of ripped jeans out there. Normally, I’d wear either a black top with these jeans, or a plain white tee with it… but I thought, why not wear both black and white? Hence, pairing it with this black and white gingham top is what really pulled the outfit all together for me.
The last part of that I always struggle with is trying to decide on what shoes to wear that go best with my outfit. With this specific outfit, I really liked how I was able to dress it down with my converses or chic it up with a pair of classic pointed toe heels. I ended up wearing my converses for the day, since I only had errands to do for the day, but if I were going out somewhere that was semi-casual, I’d definitely rock the pointed toe heels for the day.
- Top: ZARA
- Jeans: American Eagle (On Sale – Sold out online)
- Shoes: Converse | Aldo (Old – Similar)
- Sunglasses: Aldo
- Anklet: Aldo
- Watch: Marc Jacobs
- Purse: LV
EYES: Urban Decay “NAKED3” Palette
- Outer Crease: “Limit”, blend with “Nooner”
- Inner Crease: “Nooner”, blend with “Blackheart”
- Lid: “Trick”
- Highlight Color: “Strange”
- Gel Eyeliner: Sigma Beauty, in “Wicked”
- Mascara: Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies in “Blackest Black”
- Lipliner: MAC Cosmetics in “Subculutre”
- Lipstick: Motives Cosmetics in “Nude” (This is normally more glossy on, but I dabbed a bit of the “Strange” eyeshadow color onto lips to add a more matte effect)
- Urban Decay NAKED Skin Foundation
- Motives Cosmetics Bronzer in “Miami Glow”
- Motives Cosmetics Blush in “Lust”
- Motives Cosmetics Luminous Finished Pressed Powder
- Motives Cosmetics 10 Years Younger Setting Spray
ALL Motives Cosmetics Products can be found HERE! 🙂
Helloooo everyone! The last week and a bit has been quite a hectic week, that I had no time whatsoever to spend on blog posts! 🙁 For the past 5 days, I was in Greensboro, North Carolina for the Market America International Convention of 2014. It was such an amazing and life changing experience! I learned so much, met so many new people and created new friendships on the way. On our last night there, we had an after party for everyone who attended the convention and I thought I’d take a few quick selfies of my makeup and my outfit for the night.
We were pretty strapped for time, so I had to really do my makeup and hair so quick to make sure I’d make it on time to the party! I wasn’t able to bring my DSLR on my trip, so my iPhone was all I had at the time. Apologies in advance for the bad quality of the pictures!
Everything I used for this look is used below!!
- Top & Skirt: Forever 21 – In Store (Black Skirt Sold out online) Other Colors HERE & Similar Top HERE
- Shoes: Zara (Last year’s) – Similar HERE
- Purse: Chanel
Today’s makeup look was inspired by one of my favourite actresses, Danielle Campbell, who plays the powerful (& badass) witch on the CW’s hit series, “The Originals”. It is definitely one of my favourite shows of all time right now, not only because it’s action packed, but the storyline is exciting, unpredictable and keeps you on the edge – which is my kinda show! 😛 Danielle Campbell’s character, Davina, is definitely my favourite female lead on the show right now. Aside from her character, I love her style and most of all, I love how she tends to keep her makeup looks simple and effortless, yet still on point.
Since all I had planned today was a movie date with the boyfriend, I felt like going for a more basic look than what I’m normally used to doing. I came across Danielle Campbell’s look on her instagram and loved how her makeup still allowed her eyes to pop while still maintaing a overall natural look. I did my best to match her look as closely as I could with the pictures I found online. Keep in mind that my eyes are quite a bit smaller than hers and so it may not look one hundred percent identical to the pictures. Plus, I didn’t add any false lashes today, and unfortunately, my lashes are very thin and aren’t that noticeable in my pictures.
Listed below are all the products used for this look and the steps on how to achieve this look as well! 🙂
- Urban Decay’s NAKED Skin Foundation in shade 4.0
- Sigma Beauty’s Eye Primer in “Persuade”
- Bronzer – MAC Extra Dimension Bronzer in “Aphrodite’s Shell” from Alluring Aquatic Collection
- Blush – MAC Extra Dimension Blush in “Seduced At Sea” from Alluring Aquatic Collection
- Setting Spray – Motives Cosmetics 10 Years Younger Spray
- Motives Cosmetics’ Mavens Palette: Apply the color “Native” to the outer crease
- Motives Cosmetics’ Pro Palette: Mix the colors, “Cappuccino” & “Vino” and apply into inner crease
- Urban Decay’s Naked 3 Palette: Take the color, “Nooner” and blend into the overall crease (Make sure to really blend it all out!)
- Motives Cosmetics’ Pro Palette: Mix the colors, “Hot Chocolate” & “Cappuccino” and apply on lid as the base
- Urban Decay’s Naked 3 Palette: Apply the color, “Strange” as the highlight color
- Motives Cosmetics’ Pro Palette: Apply the color “Vino” as the underline of your eyes (Make sure to blend and smudge it into the outer corner to connect the whole look)
- Rimmel London: Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Pencil Liner in “001 Black”
- Maybelline New York: The Rocket Volume Express Waterproof Mascara in “Very Black”
- Lipliner: Motives Cosmetics in “Neutral”
- Lipstick: Urban Decay in “Liar” mixed with Milani in “Nude Creme” (I dabbed the color “Strange” from my Naked 3 palette on my lips to create a more matte look)
- Hot Tools Curling Iron – 1½”
- Tresemme Hairspray (Freeze Hold)
- Teased out the roots of my hair for more volume