Ah! What a month it has been!!! September flew by way too fast… The last couple of weeks have been so hectic, which explains why I’ve been MIA. 🙁 But I’m back and the first thing I made sure to do on my day off today was to get another makeup look up and going on my blog! After seeing all these instagram posts about the Tamanna palette created by Anastasia Beverly Hills and famous makeup artist Tamanna Roashan (@dressyourface), I fell in love and just had to get my hands on it! I was so excited when it arrived in the mail yesterday and couldn’t wait to start playing with all the colors! What got me excited even more when I opened it was that it actually came with 5 “Get The Look” pictorials that shows you step by step on how to achieve each look!
The one that obviously caught my eye the most was the more natural smokey eye look with a pop of the minty green color from this palette! As most of you know, I normally don’t wear too much pop of colors on a daily basis, but I thought this look would be a nice little start to get me goin’! I love how the smokey plum-like purple contrasts really nicely with the minty green color on the lower lash line. There’s nothing NOT to love about this palette! A little goes a long way when it comes to the shadows, meaning that the colors are very pigmented and you don’t need much on your brush at all to have the colors really show. I love all the colors of this palette and couldn’t be more happier with this purchase… so expect to see quite a few more makeup looks from me with this palette soon!
Listed below are all the details on how I achieved this look!
- Motives Perfecting Face Primer
- Foundation: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in “Nude”
- Motives Mavens Sculpt Series in “Fire”
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
- MAC Cosmetics Extra Dimension Blush in “Seduced at Sea”
- Motives Cosmetics “No More Shine” Makeup Setting Spray
EYES: Tamanna Palette
- Apply the color “Fresh” to the entire lid up to the brow bone
- Apply the color “Bengal” into the crease
- Blend the color “Sangria” into the outer corner of the lid in a V shape and also dab a bit into the inner corner of your eye
- To add more depth for a smokey eye look, blend the color “Custom” into the outer corner where “Sangria” was applied
- Gently blend “Chocolate” into the crease
- Apply the color “Blush” to the center of the lid
- Line the lower lash line with the color “Venezia” (I used a very little amount for a small pop of color – I’d definitely use a lot more for a more dramatic look if I was going out!)
- Gel Eyeliner: Motives Cosmetics in “Little Black Dress”
- Mascara: Maybelline Volum’ Express, The Falsies in “Very Black” (Waterproof)
- Motives Cosmetics Brow Kit
- Lipliner: MAC Cosmetics in “Spice”
- Lipstick: MAC Cosmetics in “Spirit” mixed with NYX Black Label Lipstick in “Natural”